PRACTICES BEGIN THE WEEK OF AUGUST 13 (depending on coach’s discretion).
- Teams will be set the first week of August. You will be notified of your practice day once teams are set. Potential practice days are M-F; practice days vary by age group.
- Practices will occur at the Nederland Elementary (NES) fields.
- Because Peak to Peak Soccer is not affiliated with NES, elementary school parents are required to write a note for every practice day stating that the coach (be sure to name who this is) will pick their child up at the kiva area of the elementary school. If this is not done, the child will be sent home on the bus or will follow whatever regular routine has been established with the school.
- U7-U11 practices start immediately after school. Please meet your child after school to assist with putting on soccer clothing if your child is not independent. Otherwise, U7-U11 coaches will meet kids in the kiva at the elementary school and walk down to the fields as a group.
- U14 practices start at 3:45pm, giving middle school players time to get to NES for practice. Unless there is inclement weather, middle school players will meet their coach directly on the lower NES field. In the event of inclement weather, see the “Rain Policy” below.
- The school requests the following: No snacks or ball bouncing in the kiva and hallways.
- The school doors close at 4 so there will be no bathroom access after this. Please share this info with your child. Everyone should consider using the bathroom before heading to the fields.
- All players are required to have:
- shin guards
- tennis shoes or cleats
- light jacket
- soccer ball labeled with name (size 3 for U7, size 4 for U9 and U11, size 5 for U14)
- water bottle
- Peak Soccer has a limited amount of balls, cleats, and shin guards available. Please let us know if you need to borrow.
- U7 and U9 teams practice on the west field at the bottom of the stairs from the playground. Practice for this age ends promptly at 4:30pm. Please do not expect the coach to wait for you to arrive after 4:30pm.
- U11 teams practice on the larger, east field. Practice for this age ends promptly at 5:00pm. Please do not expect the coach to wait for you to arrive after 5pm.
- U14 teams practice on the larger, east field. Practice for this age ends promptly at 5:15pm. Please do not expect the coach to wait for you to arrive after 5:15pm.
- Rain Policy: Teams may practice in the NES gym during inclement weather, at the coach’s discretion. The school doors are locked at 4pm. If any lightning or audible thunder occurs prior to 4pm, teams will seek shelter in the elementary school. If lightning or thunder occur after 4pm, teams will seek shelter under the front entrance cover. Outdoor play will not resume until 30min. after the last occurrence of lightning or thunder. Should the conditions last longer than 15 minutes, practice will be cancelled. Make sure your coach has access to the best method of contacting you should this occur. Please be sure to have a back-up plan if you are unable to pick up your player between 4pm and the end of your player’s practice in the event of a cancellation.
- Absences: Please let your coach know as soon as possible if your child will not be attending practice. Neither NES nor NMSHS are affiliated with Peak to Peak Soccer and will not share this info with the coach. Please direct all soccer related communication to your coach or myself, not to the school.
***** ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, Please call Marni Siegal (303-718-1025) or email@example.com.